Mothers’ Day is a time to celebrate the moms in your life. If you’re searching for the perfect gift for your mom, you need to think about how much you like your mom. I mean, sure, she raised you and changed your diapers and put up with your teenage tantrums, but brunch and a bouquet of flowers are expensive. Then, you’ve also got to be thinking of Mother Earth and you’ve got a real project on your hands.
Fortunately, we’ve got some creative ideas to help break the monotony of Mothers’ Day gift giving (as long as your mom has a sense of humor)!
A massage would be a great gift for Mom. But is Dad in the picture? If he’s not (sorry, Dad!), you could spice that gift up.
- Bell Pepper Spice level: Russian massage
- Jalapeno Spice level: Underwater Massage
- Ghost Pepper Spice level: Don Juan massage
What’s the most eco-friendly thing you can possibly give? Something that’s not a ‘thing’ at all! Giving an experience means your gift comes with an irreplaceable extra: time and memories. Great examples of experiences you can give to moms in your neighborhood and far away:
- Hunting for invasive species. Who doesn’t want to hunt a feral hog?
- Tickets to a live taping of Jeopardy
- Skydiving Lessons
- A museum membership. For example, you can support the Museum of Bad Art (MOBA) and the burlesque history at Exotic World
Add extra points to any of these and join Mom in her special experience, whether you’re learning to cook Italian, awkward dancing at a night club or watching the symphony.
Give Your Mom A Parakeet
Get your mom a bird. It’ll live for 46 years, it’ll sh*t everywhere and it’ll fill that empty nest. Fun fact: they bite. Hard.
Make a Donation in Her Name
Supporting a charitable organization is a terrific way to honor your mom. Or your husband’s mom, because if you’re a married woman reading this, you know you’re buying her gift, too. Here are some options for terrific non-profits:
- American National Cattlewomen This organization supports “women who share a passion for the U.S. beef industry”. And we know your mom loves beef.
- The Naked Clown Fund Support research into multiple sclerosis and get a calendar full of naked clowns. For real.
- Monkey Helpers It’s not just a joke from The Simpsons, this genuine non-profit trains monkeys to help improve the quality of life for the disabled, which is pretty rad.
If your mom gets around (and we bet she does!), Silipints are a perfect companion for anyone who’s busy with a variety of obligations.
Silipints are flexible cups that come in a variety of sizes and colors. They’re the perfect multi-use container, which keeps single-use options out of the landfill. From a morning latte, to a picnic in the park to a sippy cup for the kids, these heat- and cold-resistant workhorses fits the bill for mom’s needs all day and night, tea time to margarita time.
How often can you give a gift that can hold hot soup for lunch, bake a cupcake in the oven, keep your beverage cold, dig a hole in her garden and save the Earth?!
And, you’re here, so you had to know that we were going to make a pitch for you to buy your mom some Silipints.