The Time for Kindness is Now
Random Act of Kindness
While you might think that only grand gestures make an impact, we truly believe every act, no matter the size could mean something more significant than you would’ve ever expected. There are many ways to be kind to strangers, friends, and even yourself, and each one has the potential to start a chain reaction for a better world.
Be Kind to Strangers
You might never know the struggle someone is going through, which is why being genuinely kind to those you run across in everyday life is so important.
Here are just a few ways you can make a difference in a stranger’s day:
- Pay it forward in the coffee line.
- Donate school supplies or warm clothes to local shelters.
- Volunteer at a Senior Citizen home to spend time with someone and hear their stories.
- Bring someone a hot coffee or soup who looks like they really need it.
- Leave quarters at a laundromat for someone who gets all their quarters eaten as they put their clothes in the dryer.
Be Kind to Friends
Obviously, we know you love your friends. But, sometimes with the people closest to us, we forget to show them kindness when they need it.
- To the busy mom in your life, hire a babysitter for the kids and then have them over for a coffee or wine. Ask them how they’re really doing and then be there just to listen.
- To your officemate who’s having a rough week, bring them a power smoothie or a desk plant to unexpectedly brighten their day.
- To your loved one who worked late all week, leave them a sticky note next to a coffee, reminding them how much they mean to you. Being the one to make dinner that week is also probably a great idea.
Be Kind to Yourself
We’ve all seen and giggled at the “Treat Yo Self” memes, but in all seriousness, it’s important to take care of yourself too. We often forget to take time once in a while for the health of ourselves.
- Clear Your Mind: Develop a morning routine for yourself that includes ignoring your phone, drinking water, and meditating for 10 minutes. Or, do a few yoga poses on your lunch break- you’ll feel refreshed when you sit back down to your desk. YouTube is a great way to learn yoga and not break your bank for classes.
- Splurge A Little: Sign up for a class to learn that craft you’ve been thinking about for months or even years. Or, take a personal day to soak up some Vitamin D and get your serotonin pumping. Plan a weekend getaway, whether you’re camping a few miles outside of town or taking a road trip to catch a beautiful sunset on the coast.
Random Acts of Kindness
Here at Silipint, we advocate for positive vibes and spreading peace and love where we can. Remember that an act of kindness on any given day can be simple and still so influential to others around you. Our Cupster Crew is putting these Be Kind Silipints in random online orders for Sili-fans like you to receive. Whether it sparks some much-needed joy in your day, or if you know someone who might need a random act of kindness, it’s up to you to decide how you want to use it.
If you’re looking for more ideas, download this PDF of 50 random acts of kindness