The Call Stands, Your Party Was a Touchdown
Do you hear that folks? It’s the silence before the roar as the referee decides a make or break a call that will have you hollering before he’s even finished talking. It’s time to prepare your ears and your kitchen, for the Superbowl.
Whether it’s the company you keep, the hilarious commercials, or having tremendous team pride during the game, the Superbowl is a great excuse to get together for some Sunday Funday shenanigans. If you need some Sili-inspiration, check out our Gameday fun video.
Luckily, the guest list is usually fairly easy to please. There are only a few very important details: food, drinks, and a good signal on your television.
So let’s start with food. The creamy, the spicy, and the unforgiving dips. There are so many to choose from- hot, cold, messy, or simple. We like simple.
Our Silipint Taco Dippers can be made and served from your own Silipint Rocks glass. No messy prep dishes and the personalized serving size is perfect for the double-dippers. Plus, Silipints are dishwasher safe, so clean up is quicker than your favorite running back!
7 Layer Silipint Taco Dippers (6-8 servings)
What You’ll Need:
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 bag shredded cheese
- 1 can of black olives
- 1-2 tomatoes
- Handmade guacamole
- 3-6 avocados (depending on how many servings you’re making)
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Tortilla chips
- Several Silipints (Rocks, Pints or Bases will all work well)
- First make your guacamole. Slice up avocados into a 16oz Silipint, squeeze half of a lemon and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add more lemon to taste. Use a fork to mash everything, we like it chunky, but mash to your desired consistency.
- Next, layer your ingredients into a 9oz Silipint Rocks. Start with beans, guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and then cheese. Then, relayer your ingredients as desired.
- Now you have the option to place these Taco Dippers in the oven. Silipints can be safely baked up to 450°F. So if you’re into the warm, gooey, hot taco dip, then toss these in the oven for about 20 minutes at 400°F, or until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Lastly, top them off with tomatoes, olives, and about 6 tortilla chips, and serve!
Now, here is where we get a tad fancy.
A cocktail station is a big hit at Superbowl parties, whether you’re not a fan of the halftime show, or you’re just looking for a little something extra to bring your party to life. Plus, you don’t need to buy a bunch of fancy cocktail making components, colorful and festive Silipints that are already in your cupboard will work great!
Spicy Shaken Margaritas
What You’ll Need:
- 16oz Pint (main component of cocktail shaker)
- 9oz Shorty (completes cocktail shaker)
- 12oz Base (Cupster Crew favorite to serve fancy beverages in)
- 1.5oz Shot
- Shaken Margarita Ingredients:
- 2 jalapenos, seeds & end removed
- Triple sec
- 6 oranges – slice into quarters (best way to get the most juice out)
- 4 limes – 1 sliced up into wedges, the rest can be halved
- Silipints – 12oz for those partaking and a Rocks or Base for shaking
Prepping Your Cup:
Place the jalapenos in a food processor, once finely chopped, add to a bowl with your salt. This mixture will be your spicy, salty rim. Run a lime wedge around the rim of your 12oz Base, then dip into the jalapeno salt mixture. Place your cup on the side.
Making your margaritas:
- In your 16oz Silipint with ice add 3-4 oz of Tequila and 2 oz of triple sec.
- Then, squeeze one halved lime wedge and 3 orange wedges. Use those muscles to get every drip of juice that you can.
- Place a 9oz Rocks glass within the 16oz Silipint and shake.
- Add ice to your your 12oz Base and pour from the pint (squeeze the top of the Pint to keep the shaken ice from falling).
We’d love to see how your Superbowl party turns out, or any other innovative ideas you come up with using your Silipint collections. Follow and tag @Silipint with #Lifeisbettersili on Facebook or Instagram.